Saturday, August 21, 2010

Begging to Differ

It might be humorous, though in a serious way, that, within the New Testament, itself, is evidence for Jesus's lack of divinity. It's during his trial, when Pilate asks him if he's who he says he is. And he answers, 'It's you that calls me that.' And then one of the High Priests says, 'We all heard you saying it yesterday.' And Jesus says, 'I was quoting you when I said that!' He tried to get out of it, by the sound of it. And imagine how desperate he must have been to cry out, 'Fine! Let's compromise! I'm actually a witch. Okay? Does that satisfy you? And we don't crucify witches, right? Please. I'd rather burn...' And it might well have been true that everyone around him exaggerated about him and created a myth around him, for which he ended up brutally and sadistically executed.

So went the life of Brian, at least. Perhaps Monty Python noticed the same detail I did.

But this is all within the context of the gospels, and some of us are more informed than others on the quality of gospel truth. I'm just saying that it is realistic, in this regard. One would do all they could to avoid crucifixion.

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2010. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment